Microsoft Office 2013 (also called Office 2013 and Office 15) is the upcoming version of the Microsoft Office productivity suite for Microsoft Windows, and the successor to Microsoft Office
2010. Office 2013 includes extended file format support, user interface updates, and support for touch. Office 2013 is also available for Windows RT as well as IA-32 and X86-64, and requires
Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 or later (hence cannot be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or other earlier versions).
Office 2013 is more "cloud-based" than previous versions. This is notable as the default save location is the user's SkyDrive. Also, Microsoft is hoping that users will get Office 2013 through
Microsoft Office 2013 includes updated support for ISO/IEC 29500, the International Standard version of Office Open XML (OOXML) file format as well as OASIS ODF 1.2 which Office 2013 can read
and write. Additionally, Office 2013 provides full read, write, and edit support for ISO32000 (PDF).
Microsoft also supports Office Open XML Strict starting, a format which Microsoft has submitted to the ISO for interoperability with other office suites, and to aid adoption in the public
New features also include new Read mode in Word, a Presentation mode in PowerPoint and improved touch and inking in all of the Office programs. Microsoft Word can also insert video and audio
from online sources as well as the capability to broadcast documents on the Web. Word and PowerPoint also have bookmark-like features which sync the position of the document between different
Features of Office 2013 include:
• Touch Mode along with touch enhancements.
• Flatter look of the Ribbon interface
• Microsoft Outlook now has a new visualization for scheduled tasks
• New Start Experience
• New alignment lines when moving objects
• Online picture support with content from Office.com, Bing.com and Flickr
• Resume Reading in Word and PowerPoint
• New slide designs, animations and transitions in PowerPoint 2013
• Support for Hotmail.com in Outlook
· CPU: 1 GHz processor
· RAM: 1GB for x32 / 2GB for x64
· HDD: 3 GB of available disk space
· DirectX 10-compatible graphics card (optional)