WinPatrol will alert you to Spyware, Adware, & nasty programs that may infiltrate your computer without your knowledge.
the Windows Watch Dog sniffs out malicious "mysteryware" and parasites
that may assault your computer. WinPatrol puts you back in control of
your computer so you'll know what programs are and should be running at
all times. WinPatrol is a security tool that protect you from worms,
trojan, cookies, adware, spyware.
WinPatrol's goal is to help you
better understand what programs are running on your computer, and alert
you to any new programs added without your permission. Scotty lets you
confirm any new programs set up to run on your computer.
uses a heuristic approach to detecting attacks and violations of your
computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard
drive searching for previously identified threats.
takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any
changes that may occur without your knowledge. You'll be removing
dangerous new programs while others download new reference files.
be surprised when you see programs not listed by typical Startup
Program managers. WinPatrol has expanded the number of locations
monitored to include many undocumented registry locations.
While the free version is fully functional at detecting and removing
spyware/adware we recommend WinPatrol PLUS for a complete WinPatrol
experience. PLUS membership is a one time purchase and helps to support
Here are some key features of "WinPatrol":
· Increase Your Speed & System Performance
· Detect & Neutralize Spyware. Detect & Neutralize ADware
· Detect & Neutralize Viral infections. Detect & Neutralize Unwanted IE Add-Ons
· Detect & Restore File Type Changes Automatically Filter Unwanted Cookies
· Avoid Start Page Hijacking. Detect HOSTS file changes
· Kill Multiple Tasks that replicate each other, in a single step
· Stop programs that repeatedly add themselves to your Startup List
· Delete and Remove the most Stubborn Infections
What's New in This Release
· One of the major complaints with the last versions of WinPatrol has been the option to automatically run WinPatrol on startup. We narrowed down the code where Windows 64 was redirecting the location used to auto run WinPatrol. The checkbox found in the Options tab will now maintain its status as it always has. This "Automatically run WinPatrol..." option controls the small monitor component of WinPatrol that detects changes without slowing you down. Most people who had problems will be happy that Scotty will always on patrol again. Many others use the WinPatrol Explorer tabbed interface but have other programs they prefer as a heuristic monitor. This will work tor them as well.
· A number of XP users had reported problems which have been tracked down to the use of newer development tools. While our only XP machine won't accept the SP3 update our XP SP3 emulator is now much happier with this new version.